Clo® Eco insulations
Clo® Insulation is focused on a sustainable future. It’s not just because
we work with the outdoors. It’s because it’s the right thing to do.
Clo® Univa Eco
Constructed from recycled fibres with great warmth and flexibility to give your garment the Clo® Insulation experience as well as caring for the environment.
Clo® Eco Vivo
The same environmentally friendly insulation as Univa Eco with the added benefit of Vivo concept giving extra breathability.
Production timeline for Eco Fibres
- PET bottles are squashed and bundled into large bales
- Bales are sorted, removing any non-PET lids or labels
- The plastic is washed and crushed into tiny flakes
- Flakes are washed again, melted into in a VAT and are forced through spinnerets to product fibres
Benefits and facts about recycling plastic bottles
- Recycling 1 ton of PET bottles saves 5.7 square metres of landfill space.
- 1 kg of RPET (made with 100% post-consumer waste) can keep 40 water bottles out of the landfill.
- Recycling 1 plastic bottle saves the equivalent of 3 hours of energy from a 60 watt light bulb
- 90% less water is used in making recycled polyester versus polyester.
- RPET requires 70 percent less energy than virgin fibre production.
- 51 billion plastic bottles go to landfill annually worldwide.